Mr. Lavender knows how to make a stiff drink. And the frozen banana kind happens to be just one of his many specialties. Daiquiris are perfect for daydreaming of tropical vacations and slurping fruity island concoctions. So if you are stuck somewhere cold or continental, here's how you can celebrate island life with an easy banana daiquiri recipe.
To mix up Mr. Lavender's signature frozen banana daiquiri recipe, blend up two frozen banana, (3-4 ounces) of rum, a good squeeze of fresh lime and a little ice. Cool, sweet, bitter, sour, and oh so tropical.
Rather a virgin drink?
This formula is also perfect for a fruit smoothie. The sky is the limit. Simply replace the hard stuff with milk or yogurt for added protein.
Oh right - this Mr. Lavender character. He's a fun, insightful professor at the CIA (culinary institute, not central intelligence) and teachers the fine art of dining room service. Soft spoken, he glides around the student-run restaurant with a constant twinkle in his eye that tells you he's up to something. And after more than twenty years in the field, let's just say he knows how to craft a cocktail.
Like this awesome banana daiquiri (thanks, professor!). Or a peach one. Or a strawberry-orange. Perhaps I should've warned you, Mr. Lavender is a bona fide trouble maker.Print
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen (best if at least chilled)
- 3-4 ounces light rum, spiced rum or Brazilian cachaça (double shot or jigger)
- Juice of one lime or 1 ounce of lime juice
- 2-3 large ice cubes
- Fruit for garnish, strawberry, oranges or maraschino cherries
- Blend fruit and lime juice until smooth
- Combine with rum in a highball glass or goblet.
- Garnish with fresh fruit of choice.