For Tuna Salad
- 2 cans wild-caught tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 14-ounce can white beans, Navy recommended, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cornichons (gherkins), minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed recommended
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs such parsley, dill, and thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh loaf of bread of choice, sliced on an angle, (sourdough recommended)
- Unsalted butter, pastured or organic recommended
- Radishes, cornichons or grape tomatoes, sliced thin
- Arugula or mesclun (mixed greens)
- Olive oil + red or white wine vinegar
Mix tuna salad
- Using a fork, shred tuna.
- Combine shredded tuna with the rest of the salad ingredients and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut sourdough or baguette into long, ¼-inch thick slices on a bias using a serrated knife.
- Lightly toast under oven broiler, or grill until toasted.
- While bread is hot, spread slices with butter first, then mayonnaise.
- Top each slice with tuna salad, and garnish with fresh vegetables and herbs of choice.
- If topping with salad greens, toss first with a little olive oil and vinegar.
Omit the beans, and mix a little mayonnaise into your tuna salad (use homemade for GAPS). Toss mixed greens/arugula with olive oil and white wine vinegar, and serve tuna salad over seasoned greens.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Recipes, Paleo, GAPS, Keto, Gluten free, Dairy free
Keywords: tuna salad, tuna salad recipe, tartine, paleo, gaps diet, keto, gluten free, dairy free