- Avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1-2 small chili peppers, seeds removed and diced small (Thai bird, serrano or even jalapeño work)
- 2-4 tablespoons red curry paste, any kind
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2, 14-oz cans full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 lime, thick strip of peel removed, then quartered
- 10-20 drops of fish sauce
- few pinches of salt (to your liking)
- Basil leaves, sliced thin
- 1-2 tablespoons palm or coconut sugar
- 3-4 lime leaves (these can be hard to find)
Chicken Curry Ingredients
- 1 green or red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 cups green vegetables, sugar or snap peas recommended
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced thin
- cooked rice for serving, basmati recommended
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook the onions and chili peppers in a little oil for a couple minutes.
- Add the curry paste and/or powder, and fry the spices in the oil until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, lime leaves (or lime peel) and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the vegetables and chicken, and simmer until all ingredients are cooked and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Curry can simmer for several hours to develop flavor, add a little water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Finish curry with fish sauce to taste. Serve over basmati or cauliflower rice with a squeeze of lime.