- 15 to 20 chicken wings, buffalo style (or 1-2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced, or drain a can of diced tomatoes
- ½ red onion, medium, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- ½ cup brandy or white wine
- ½ cup of unsalted chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of pimentón (smoked paprika)
- avocado oil, for cooking
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- olive oil, for finishing
- ½ cup of Serrano or similar cured ham, small dice
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large sauté pan over medium-heat heat, cook the chicken wings over medium-high heat in olive oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Add the brandy or white wine and simmer (or flambé) until the alcohol burns off, and the brandy is reduced almost completely. Remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Stir in the tomatoes, pimentón, chicken wings, and serrano or ham.
- Simmer the dish over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Add more chicken stock if necessary to maintain a sauce-like consistency.
- If you like, pull the chicken meat from bones and add it back to the sauce with the peppers. Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve over toasted sourdough baguette, if you like. Or as is for a grain-free dish.
In a pinch, swap in ground spices and herbs for the onion, garlic and parsley. If you don't have brandy or saffron on hand (who does), the dish is truly wonderful even without them.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan-Searing
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: About 5 wings, or 1-2 thighs
- Calories: 937
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 353 mg
- Fat: 59.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 72.5 g
Keywords: pollo al chilindron, chicken recipes, chicken dinner recipes, recipes with chicken wings, recipes with pimentón