Bottom's up! But take it slow. This classic New Orlean's (N'Awlins) cocktail calls for all the big cocktail players, disguised in splashes of grenadine and fruit juice.
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce light rum
- ½ oz Bacardi® 151 rum
- 1 ounce amaretto almond liqueur
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1½ teaspoons grenadine
- Grapefruit juice
- Pineapple juice
- Long straws (you need a tall glass for this one!)
- 1 orange, sliced into half moons, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Fill as large a glass as you have three-fourths full of ice.
- Pour in liquors first, then add equal parts of each fruit juice until the glass is full.
- Garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry.
- And for the real Pat O'Brien's experience, sip through TWO straws!
1 liquid ounce equals 1 standard jigger or 2 tablespoons.
Keywords: pat o'brien hurricane recipe, hurricane cocktail, how to make a hurricane, hurricane drink