This salad falls well within the parameters of GAPS, Paleo and even keto diets. For strict keto, leave the honey out of it.
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil, avocado oil or combination of both
- 2 medium or 3 small apples, Gala recommended
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped into thin strips
- 1 apple, cored & diced, Honeycrisp recommended
- Tree nut of your choice, lightly toasted (pine nuts, almonds, cashews, pecans, etc)
- 2 ounces Roquefort, or any blue cheese crumbles (omit for dairy-free diets)
- kosher salt + black pepper
In a food processor or blender, combine dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk apple sauce, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and vinegar.
- Slowly drizzle in oils until fully combined (order doesn't matter).
Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate for up to two weeks. You may need to whisk vigorously to recombine.
Add that crunch
To toast nuts, toss lightly in a pan over medium-high heat until just fragrant, and beginning to turn color.
Dress + Serve
Combine salad ingredients, add as much dressing as you like, and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Store chilled for up three to four days.
Keywords: kale salad, gaps diet recipes, paleo recipes, kale salad recipe, kale salad ideas, kale salad recipes