An easy, indulgent (and keto!) side dish for any dinner. What I love about this way of roasting asparagus, is that it's insanely flexible and incredibly simple. Plus, it calls for bacon.
- one bunch of asparagus (16-18 individual spears)
- 4-8 strips of good quality bacon
- avocado oil
- salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F/200° C.
- Snap one asparagus spear into two pieces by holding a couple inches from the tip and at the bottom. Then bend it, allowing the stem to snap naturally.
- Trim the rest of the bunch to the same length.
- Create groups of spears with three to five asparagus each (cook's choice, of course!).
- Roll each group of asparagus up in a strip of bacon, giving each a few inches space on the sheet pan.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, until the bacon is dark and crispy, and the asparagus are fork tender. If the asparagus brown too quickly before fully cooked, turn the oven down 20°-30° or cover the pan with foil.
'Unwrapped' Bacon + Asparagus
- Complete steps 1 thru 3 above.
- Slice several bacon strips cross-wise into 1-inch pieces, and scatter among salted and oiled asparagus on sheet pan. Drape several pieces of sliced bacon over each spear.
- Roast 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of asparagus, until the largest one is fork tender.
Keywords: bacon wrapped asparagus, bacon wrapped asparagus recipe, how to cook asparagus, roasted asparagus, keto recipes, gluten free recipes