An amazingly simple, quick way to cook a flavorful springtime vegetable! The sweet citrus vinaigrette balances out the earthiness of the asparagus.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed at the bottom of the stalk where they naturally snap
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 navel orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small tangerines, peeled, segmented
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado or coconut oil, for grill
- Cook minced shallot in butter or oil over low heat. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine shallot with orange juice and honey. Whisk in olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt. Store chilled if not using same day, bring to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Brush grates with a high heat oil like avocado.
- Grill asparagus until lightly charred on all sides, turning occasionally. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Shake or whisk vinaigrette and drizzle over asparagus. Garnish with tangerine segments.