No explanation needed here. Fill dates with blue cheese, wrap in bacon, roast!
- Medjool dates
- Thick-cut bacon, uncured and from heritage pork recommended
- Blue cheese, Roquefort or Gorgonzola recommended
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Remove pits from dates by slicing open on the long side.
- Take small portions of blue cheese and stuff into dates, squeezing dates closed to keep cheese inside.
- Wrap dates in strips of bacon by placing date on one end of strip, and rolling upwards.
- Secure closed with a toothpick, and line on a sheet pan. Placing an oven-proof rack in the pan will help them bake evenly.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until the bacon is fully-cooked and crisp all around.
Keywords: bacon-wrapped dates, stuffed dates, devils on horseback