- 1/2 small green cabbage, sliced as thin as possible
- 1 apples, small dice (cubed)
- 1 cucumber, small dice (cubed)
- ½ of a small red onion, sliced thin into ¼-inch pieces, then halved (can omit if your people don't like)
- Lemon juice, to keep apples from browning
- Kosher salt to taste
For Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1-2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Kosher salt, to taste
To prepare slaw
- Chop all ingredients.
- Toss apples in lemon juice to keep them from oxidizing (browning).
- Rinse red onions with cold water to soften pungency, if using.
To make dressing
- Whisk together lemon juice, honey and a few pinches of salt in a small bowl.
- Drizzle avocado oil slowly into lemon juice mixture while whisking vigorously.
- Whisk in poppy seeds, and season to taste with salt.
- Adjust amounts of oil and lemon juice to suit your taste.
To serve salad
- In a large bowl, drizzle dressing over chopped slaw.
- Mix well with tongs.
- Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator for a few days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salads
Keywords: lemon poppy seed dressing, apple slaw, paleo, gaps diet recipes, keto, gluten free, dairy free