The easiest kitchen venture ever! Five minutes to prep for the oven, and a low-maintenance bake that ends with big flavor.
- The best tomatoes you can find, I like using organic Roma or grape tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Optional: fresh-chopped herbs like thyme, basil, or rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200° F.
- Slice tomatoes into halves or quarters.
- Space out on a rack on a large baking pan. If you don't have a rack, just lay the tomatoes directly on the pan.
- Dry tomatoes out in oven at least five hours, or overnight.
- Store in refrigerator covered in olive oil for up to a month.
Keywords: sun dried tomatoes, oven dried tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes in oil, how to make sun dried tomatoes