World Nutella Day
If you've never heard of World Nutella Day, I promise it's a real thing. February 5th, all day long. Every year in the weeks leading up to it, my mind races with so many sweet and nutty thoughts. Like dessert dips! Frostings! Tarts! Or my infamous brownies from my first World Nutella Day rodeo.
No-bake Nutella recipes
One particular year I ran into a road block of sorts... the oven in our Rhinebeck, New York rental broke. So to honor the moment sans baking, I whipped up Fluffy Nutella Mousse.
The delicious deets on this Nutella mousse recipe
It couldn't be simpler, or more of a crowd pleaser. Nutella blended with marshmallow creme and then whipped cream - because why not, right? Roasted hazelnuts and dollops of whipped cream give this incredibly easy dip showstopper fashion.
What to eat with Nutella mousse
Here are a few fun ideas for accompaniments:
- Fresh fruit
- Butter biscuits
- Graham crackers
- Shortbread cookies
- Pretzel sticks
- Lady fingers
How to make Nutella dip
Because Nutella is so luxuriously thick and sticky, it's best to beat it first with the marshmallow creme. This will lighten the mixture so folding in the whipped cream is easy.
Homemade marshmallow for Nutella mousse
You can buy marshmallow fluff, but I love making homemade marshmallow creme to eliminate all the corn syrup and processed ingredients.
You may have noticed I'm playing it fast and loose with use of the word mousse. But while it is a dip by definition, I don't believe any edible involving Nutella is deserving of the word dip. That's for beans, cheese and corn chips.
Yours in nutty chocolate,
Nutella is not nutritious! Waaaaayyyy too much sugar. Enjoy in moderation, namely once a year on February 5th.Print
Easy! No baking, no boiling, just mix and dip. A quick way to serve up a crowd pleaser when entertaining!
- ½ cup Nutella (or chocolate hazelnut spread, shhh!)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme (try this homemade!)
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped (2 tablespoons separated)
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped fine
- Fresh fruit and French butter biscuits, for dipping
- In a medium bowl, beat Nutella, marshmallow cream and two tablespoons of heavy cream on high speed until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the two cups of heavy cream on high speed to medium peaks (thick, but not stiff).
- Using a spatula, fold all but ½ cup of the whipped cream into the Nutella mixture in three additions.
- In a large sauté pan, toast hazelnuts on medium heat until fragrant and light golden in color. Chop fine or place in a plastic bag and smash with a mallet.
- Top mousse with crushed hazelnuts and more whipped cream.
Keywords: nutella recipes, world nutella day, chocolate mousse
Sit, stay, drool with Sadie Mae
Labrador approved (don't worry, she didn't eat any).