Some of the fudgiest brownies you'll ever eat! If you like more of a crust on your brownies, feel free to omit the step about covering with foil.
If hazelnuts are not your thing, and you're looking for a less sweet brownie, you can replace the Nutella with any nut or seed butter. Peanut butter would of course be divine, but if there is an allergy in your circle of people, try sunflower seed butter.
It will cut down on the sugar crazies if you're letting kids partake, and add some great omega-3s to otherwise unhealthy (but delicious!) treats.
- 4.5 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 10 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ cup Nutella, other chocolate hazelnut spread or any nut or seed butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 13x9x2-inch pan with shortening or non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring occasionally. Add sugar, stir to combine, and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Pour chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and whisk in egg mixture. Whisk in Nutella.
- Combine flour and salt and stir to combine, then stir into chocolate mixture in several small batches until all of the flour is incorporated. It will be thick and gooey.
- Spread into pan, and bake for 25 minutes.
- For fudge-style brownies, cover the pan with foil before, or even halfway through baking, to prevent a top crust from forming.
- A toothpick should come out mostly clean.
- Let cool completely in pan on a rack. Store in an air-tight container for up to three days.